The State Government is seeking proposals from the private sector to build, locate and operate a screen production facility in Western Australia.
The facility would provide studio, digital and post-production activities to complement the boom in location-based screen activities across regional Western Australia.
The proposed facility would also need to meet the requirements of the emerging games and immersive technologies sectors.
Details of the proposed facility include:
- a sound stage between 2,323 square metres and 3,716 square metres (25,000ft2 to 40,000ft2) with a 15-metre ceiling and large opening doors so that trucks can drive in/out;
- two to three smaller sound stages of at least 929 square metres (10,000ft2);
- production offices of approximately 1,000 square metres;
- two construction workshops of at least 675 square metres each;
- costume, laundry, makeup and hair facilities; and
- lock-up storage and at least 3,000 square metres of parking for trucks and vehicles.
It is envisaged the screen facility would be located within 20 kilometres of the Perth central business district, close to public transport and with the potential for future expansion.
The development of screen facilities would complement the increased level of production through the State Government’s $16 million investment into the WA Screen Fund (previously named the WA Regional Film Fund) and Lotterywest investment.
For more information, visit the Market-led Proposals website at http://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-finance/market-led-proposals