A woman is facing the Perth Magistrates Court this morning following an evade police incident yesterday afternoon, Tuesday 5 December 2017.
About 2pm, a silver Mazda sedan was stolen from an address in Balcatta. About 3.50pm, officers sighted the stolen Mazda on Hardey Road near Great Eastern Highway in Belmont. It is alleged the driver sped off. Police followed the vehicle through various suburbs towards Perth.
The Mazda side swiped a stationary police vehicle near the intersection of Wellington and Barrack Streets in Perth. The Mazda continued on Wellington Street where the driver attempted to drive through heavy traffic and caused minor damage to two other vehicles before the driver was arrested by police without further incident.
A 29 year old woman of Glendalough has been charged with:
- Steal Motor Vehicle and Drive Recklessly
- No Authority to Drive
- Driver of a Vehicle Failed to Comply with a Direction to Stop (circumstances of Aggravation);
- Reckless Driving to Escape Pursuit by Police;
- 2 x Fail to Stop (Property Damage)
- Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property
The woman will appear at Perth Magistrates Court today, Wednesday 6 December 2017.