Germany Black Gorilla tablets pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled Germany Black Gorilla tablets and found that:
- the tablets contain the undeclared substance sildenafil.
Consumers are advised that sildenafil is a prescription-only substance in Australia.
The supply of Germany Black Gorilla tablets containing undisclosed sildenafil is illegal.
Germany Black Gorilla tablets have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia may have bought the product online.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking Germany Black Gorilla tablets and take any remaining tablets to your local pharmacy for safe disposal (link is external).
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with the Australian Border Force (ABF) to help stop future shipments Germany Black Gorilla tablets from entering Australia.
If these tablets are found at the border by the ABF they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites and has produced a short video on the risks associated with buying medicines and medical devices online. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
- Phone: 1800 020 653
- Email: [email protected]
- Online: at the Therapeutic Goods Administration website.
Licensed from the Commonwealth of Australia under a Creative Commons Licence.
The Commonwealth of Australia does not necessarily endorse the content of this publication.